Robert the Robot

Where we link to and discuss Hi tech stuff
Daremyth
Site Admin

Robert the Robot

Postby Daremyth » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 am

I hope he qualifies as 'Hi Tech'.

The original Robby the Robot had me at "Forbidden Planet". I grew attached to him watching reruns of "Lost in Space". Enjoyed his turns in the Twilight Zone's "Uncle Simon" and "The Brain Centre at Whipple's" and only recently made the connection during a Columbo marathon to his guest starring role in "Mind over Mayhem".

Robert 'Robby' the Robot's creator, Robert Kinoshita, died earlier this year at 100 years old.

Nice to see "Robert the Robot" on the home page of The Unreality Lab. I know he's not THE Robert, but I confess I've spoken to him. And naturally he's responded, so I guess you can say we've chatted. AI is the future. Whether we'll be ready or not.
~
Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast. ~Alice

Anyman
Site Admin

Re: Robert the Robot

Postby Anyman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Superman has some pretty interesting ideas on some high-tech tools for the common man to use in fighting crime and saving lives. Work out a few of the minor kinks, and I'm sure they would work well.

Daremyth
Site Admin

Postby Daremyth » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:33 am

It's inspired. 8-) :idea:
~
Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast. ~Alice

superman
Site Admin

Postby superman » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:30 am

If you think about it Robotics and arduino circuitry solves many of the problems RLSH types and any other on line group have interacting with the real world. My Robert the Robot has quite a history in both the on line and IRL versions. I hope to eventually combine the 2 into a single self functioning unit.

Superman
This looks like a job for Superman!! Up Up and away!!!

superman
Site Admin

Postby superman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Well as Daremyth mentioned I have a A. I. Version of Robert The Robot on the Unreality Lab site. By Piddling with the HTML That lets you see the A. I. on the page I added him to 3 other sites as well. Now this version of him really gets around. His IRL. incarnation is here with me in the unreality Lab. Just the thing to discourage door to door sales men and other Rif Raf. He is the 1st thing they see as they look through the Lab's front door. For those into HTML here are the links to how I did it.

http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk ... &skin=rtr5
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk ... &skin=rtr6
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk ... &skin=rtr8
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk ... &skin=rtr9

John D Koen AKA Superman
:idea: :P

superman
Site Admin

Postby superman » Thu May 04, 2017 3:45 am

Good news I managed to get all of my robots upgrades installed and tested. After some intense tinkering and grunt work everything works perfectly. Now I can operate all of his systems from anywhere in the world. Tired but happy as step 1 of a large project is done. Anyone can do what I have done so far and what I intend to do in the future. Especially with the almost nothing budget I had to do it with. You just have to roll up your sleeves and start doing it. Now who all wants to sign up and play with my robot?

Superman

Return to “Hi Tech Stuff”